November 14, 2003

Farewell........



Wednesday night was my cooking turn and as usual I had gone to play racquetball with Kiran and started cooking at 9pm. Then i saw that i had a missed call from Hemant....little did I know why he had called.....he had called to let me know that they were going out for a farewell dinner for Sapna (huh?????)....what ?????? farewell !!!!!!!!. I was stunned !!!!!!!! I didnt understand what was going on??? why are these guys giving a farewell dinner to Sapna when she is getting married in Jan and was planning on leaving akron after that ???? I was totally confused....i had no clue that she was leaving for India the next day !!!!!!! It was too late for me to join them for dinner and as it was I had to cook for my roomie. So I called Sapna and asked her to let me know once they get back from dinner.

In the meantime, while cooking I was thinking about how I met her and all that. Its actually an interesting story....we had a common friend Nitin (studying in houston)....I had no clue who Sapna was (till last June).....Nitin called me ask abt Akron...what kind of a place it was and if they had a good student population and all that stuff.....then he told me that Sapna got a job there and wanted to talk to someone abt the place....Sapna who???? then he told me that she was his best friend's (Sandeep) Girl friend and all. I told him that she can call me and that i could take care of her accomodation temporarily. Then i talked to her a couple of times and I didnt know where to set her up??? so I decided to ask her if she had any problems staying with me for a couple of weeks ???? I told her that i was staying alone...my roomies had gone to India....and that she can have a room for herself....as expected she said that it was fine with her. She came to Akron on the weekend of the july 4th....Sandeep came the next day. when I went to meet her on her arrival I was surprised to see the car completely Jam packed and had enough space to just accomodate her. even if I tried I could have gotten into the car....it was well packed....heheheh. I showed her the route to her workplace and we had a lot of fun the 2 weeks she stayed at my place. Most of the times i got invited for dinner so I used to take her along as we would get better food than we could cook. Then Nishant came back from India.....now we had to look for options to set Sapna up temporarily....it wasnt too hard as she was a talkative and easy going person....


I have to go to a seminar now....willl complete the blog soon...hheheheheh

No comments: