November 11, 2003

We got the Intramural Champions shirts.....



As I mentioned in my earlier post....we are the new Wallyball Intramural Champions.....we got our shirts today. The shirts are the prize we won for our tournament victory. All of us went to the office eagerly....atleast the other three guys did...I was kind of enthu but not very very excited as I was a couple of years ago when i won my first shirt.....all of us chose the sizes and colors to our liking and we even got a shirt for the 5th guy on the team who played only 1 match !!!!!!!!! but I guess that worked well for the rest of us as we practiced together and performed as a team better....he could not make it to the practices and most of the matches due to class...

I must have won atleast 14-15 shirts so far in my three years here.....not that I am boasting.....but I have been lucky enough to get the shirts for my friends too.....though I won many shirts i think i have only 4 with me.....I gave them to my old roomies, friends and also sindhu. I even took some shirts to india to give them to my friends as they had a University of Akron logo on them. Badminton was the main reason that I got that many shirts.....I used to win the singles and Mixed doubles regularly and the year Hemant was my partner i even won the doubles (that reminds me....hey hemant did u get a shirt for that????). We used to get shirts for playing against the Kent State University in the Inter-university games. Wallyball and racquetball got me more shirts. so over all I am happy that i won the shirts becoz I have never bought a University of Akron shirt....I have bought my department and College of engineering shirts but never the Univ shirts.....hey that reminds me of one more thing....last year at the International Dance party I won the "Best Male Dancer" award for which the prize was.....one more shirt (heheheheeh)....I gave that to a friend who I felt was/is/will be a better dancer than me (i think I better fit the TP dancer or Ghati dancer category). I think thats too much of writing on shirts....I dont think I have ever written so much abt shirts.....

No comments: