October 17, 2003

Diwali Coming Up......



Its diwali time in akron and as usual I have become busy with dancing and acting in a play. Everyyear it has been my routine that I take part in some thing or the other in the Diwali party. I have danced .....though i am not a good dancer....who cares....I dont :):)....

first year we danced on a medley.....we had Kaho na pyaar hai (eee mere dil tu...gaaaye jaaaaa)...yes !!! we did the Hrithik step....then...Hum tho muhabbat karega....Aiyla re ladki mast mast...jindha hai hum tho (josh).....piya piya ooo piya piya.....rangde mujhe rangde (last two by only the girls)...and the finale was "Phir bhi dil hai hindustani". It was fun as we had 10 people dancing for the medley. The practices went till like late in the night and we had all kinds of fun.....it was my first year....I was also the food volunteer at the party....heheheheh...any guesses who had the maximum number of gulab jamuns that night ?????

second year there was a lot of enthu junta that came to the polymer engineering program and wince then we have been doing a play every year....our script architect was Hemant....first year he wrote the whole script by himself....though the scenes are usually performed with everybodies suggestions and inputs the idea behind the whole thing was hemants. I even danced for the song in Lagaan...."Madhu ban mei kabhi kanha kisi gopi se mile"....I didnt listen to that song for the next 2-3 months. I was fed up with the song....the same group that performed the song also performed at another diwali party in Cleveland!!!!!! can u believe that !!!!!.....the guys there liked it sooo much that we were asked to perform the same dance twice in a row!!!!!!!!. we were dead tired after that:):)
At the akron Diwali...we did the dance but our play was a big hit as it involved the life of the students that come to teh US.

third year...there were a lot of things to be taken care of.....I was the president of the association and had to do a lot of running around.....but my committee....rajiv, aanchal and harsh were extremely hard working so we had little trouble in organizing it.....not that everything went smooth.....always there is something that has to go wrong....right ???. We decided to do a medley again on the Khan's and we also did a play. This time I was also a part of the script writing. Hemant and I decided to do a play in which a director comes to akron and tries to get inspiration abt his characters from the students in akron.....it was fun play. I danced in the medley......Sheshe se shesha tak raaaye (devdas), Chak doom doom (DTPH), Apun bola (josh), rukh jaaaa ooo dil diwane (ddlj), bole choodian (k3g).....and we did the finale with lamp dance for Ar Rehman's Vande mataram......it was a good show....we did a great job....I enjoyed it.

This year we are still in the planning stages for the play....Rajesh and i are writing the script....we were up till 4 last night trying to finish the script. Both of us are also in the dance...for the song in Hollywood Bollywood......Sona Sona roop hai.....


The night before we were up till 5 in the morning finishing the homework for Dr.Reddy's class. we were pissed big time when he didnt collect the homeworks......welll but we have finshed it so we are happy......Phani had come down the other day from Connecticut.....it was good to see him but unfortunately we couldnt spend a lot of time.....but we met for a little bit at Sindhu's place for Dosas....Sindhu, Renu and Prathyu made some amazing dosas......I hogged on those dosas and went to see the browns game which the went to win 13-7 against the Oakland Raiders. It was fun watching the game with Kiran, Bhaddu, Anil, Kumar and Amru.

I was very very disappointde to see OSU lose to Wisconsin late saturday night.....I had come home early from teh freshers party to watch the game.....but their loss totally disappointed me and I vented my anger on Sindhu.....poor Sindhu....she got angry and I had to make up for my anger later.....

this weekend is going to be hectic as usual with diwali practices and auditions......and also some homeowrk and studing.....hehehehhehe

No comments: