October 10, 2003

Gearing up for the weekend............




With the cricket season coming to an end I have all the time in the world for this weekend. I am getting this much time after a long time. I mean.....we have had some off weeks in the season tooo...but I went out of town or did something that weeekend.....but as of now I have no plans for the weekend. I am done with all the mid-terms and I am done with all the homeworks.....so I mostly have free time....which I think I should utilize in jump-starting my PhD qualifiers preparation. I have been too lazy to do anything in that direction so I guess its time to start it.

I am looking forward to the OSU football gamel....I have been following OSU as we (akron) dont have a great team....they are the defending national champs.....this weekend they play Wisconsin....an old rival.....OSU has a lot of rivalries with the teams in the Big ten. U Mich....Penn State....MSU.....Iowa.....Wisconsin....etc etc. OSU has been the envy of most of the teams this year as they have been on a winning streak.....17 games....which started last year....they went undefeated last year to win the national title and this year they have been undefeated so far.....


This weekend the cleveland browns (the professional football team) plays the Oakland raiders....I have never seen the Browns play the raiders....Raiders came in second last year and the browns 9th. Both the teams have not been doing great this year...so it should be an interesting match.....any guesses which team I would be supporting????.....hehehhehe....ofcourse the browns!!!!!!!!!! Last week tim Couch (Browns quarterback).....the quarterback is the offensive captain who runs the plays and throws the ball....played an amazing game to beat the traditional rivals.....Pittsburgh Steelers....the rivalry is one of the oldest in NFL...browns trashed the steelers.....33-13....it was good game to watch.

I will be playing badminton again tonight ....there is this chinese kid (14 yrs old) who started coming to play at Akron....he is nationally ranked 4th in the US .....i have already lost to him three times....but I am getting back into playing Badi tooo.....so I hope I can give him a better fight tonight.

I worked this morning at a Health Expo......it was like a manufacturers exhibition......i volunteered for a couple of hours and then went around to pick up the freebies..........i got a bouncing ball.....cool key chains...frisbie....water bottle.....There was registration for a marathon....it was a 5km run.....but the entry fee was like $100.....it was for fundraising for the cancer patients....I was thinking of running...but once I found it was $100.....I backed out....may be 10-15 was ok....but $100 was tooo much

Last night in Wallyball......we won against Sigma Nu (a fraternity team).....we won 15-2,15-0.....the best part of the match was that in the first game rajesh served for straight 9 points....from 6-2 to 15-2 !!!!!!!!! Then at the start of the second game......I started serving.....i served for 15 straight points!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is the second time I am doing that in 2 yrs!!!!!!!! It is a fun game....Luay and Shadi (our other team members).....we merely spectators for most part of the game....but they will hold the key in the next game....we are playing another undefeated team.......that match will decide who willl top the league and who will get the top seeding for the playoffs

well.....I am off for a quite and a peaceful weekend (atleast I hope).......

No comments: