September 22, 2003

Its already an year......



On Saturday night at 2:00 am Sindhu and I celebrated our first anniversary (the day she said yes to my proposal).......ever since my life has changed.....I cant say exactly how its made a difference.....but it has been different. Before we even realised one year haas flown by and now at the end of the first year we feel that we have known each other for a long...long....time. We wanted to celebrate the occasion at 2 in the morning becoz that was when she actually said YES to me..... uske pehle mera chehra dekh ne laaayak tha....pooora phata hua halat mei that mei.....but the relief and happiness I experience afterwards was unbelievable.......

On saturday....I went to Columbus...to play cricket !!!!!!! What a way to celebrate the occasion.....that too alone....she had to study for her class and also had to attend her friends Mehendi.... Our cricket team hasn't had any luck over the past year when we travelled to columbus....this year we are still without a win in Columbus after 5 games!!!!!!!! The last one was no different.....we got there at noon....and had to park 15 mins away from the ground due to the OSU home football game....great!!!!!!! BUt Hari, Rajesh and I had a great time in the car....we had discussions on many topics but the conversation used to always end up with us talking abt cricket.... Phani....was the visiting captain of the team from Connecticut ......yes .....he was the visiting captain as he had driven 8hrs to Akron on Friday to play on Saturday and then drove back for 8 hrs on Sunday!!!!!!....thats what is called...Enthu....

Phani lost the toss....useless fellow....they always used to curse me for losing the toss...but FYI....PHANI hasnt won a toss so far......4 out of 4 losses!!!!!!!!! I am much better...... we were put into bat....for the first time I was without any pressure.....its true....believe me!!!!!....it did make a lot of difference to me mentally...thru out the game....I was much more relaxed and enjoyed the game like never before in the season.....though there were some incidents which did upset some of us. Brijesh and Kiran opened.....Brijesh has been trying to find form for some time....he has been scoring runs but not very comfortably....he needed to spend some more time in the middle.....but he went for an extravagant (I didnt see the stroke..it was described by the others)...and was caught behind....In came "Hurricane" Hari....he has been struggling too....Kiran on the other end has been gaining confidence with every knock.....Hari was bogged down by some good bowling....he couldnt get his usual singles...so he went for an attacking stroke and was caught in the slips (rather short thirdman).....he made 8(33) that was very very unusual of him. Phani..who had not touched the bat in 3 weeks...walked in....he wasnt very comfortable at the beginning but he started middling the ball pretty soon...all this while Kiran was playing bea...u..tiful shots and scoring freely.....Phani then came into his usual self and was settled...all was going well.....when he suddenly decided to take on the bowling and got caught at the long-on boundary.....the fielder was moved up so Phani was decieved...10(30). I walked in with the score reading 83/3 in 20 overs. Kiran in his usual way asked me to stay till the end (well...thats what I usually try..heheheh). A spinner was bowling.....I got a short ball...my eyes lit up (pull..by the way is my favorite shot)...I pulled the ball to the legside boundary.....yeah!!!!!! That was a confidence booster...i always like it when i get off the mark straight away.....Kiran then finished his fifty.....thats his 3rd fifty as an opener...way to go Motu!!!!!!! immediately....he got caught in the short thirdman region off the spinner....that was a meek dismissal...it was a tame end of an attacking knock 55(57)....in came avinash..both of us have a good understanding for running between the wickets...that fact that both of us trust the other person's call helps a lot while running....we started running aggressively and started pushing for 2's and 3's where there were only 1's and 2's. we decided not to slog till the 28th or the 29th over...it didnt make sense to heave at the ball miss it and then heave at it again....instead play sensibly and get 2 runs of those 2 balls and save ur wicket tooo. I was playing welll.....I hit my first boundary on the off-side......yes....my first off-side boundary in 3 years!!!!!!! can u believe that....the second one soon followed......I was delighthed.....avinash started lofting the ball too.....he plays the lofted shot brillliantly by going down on his knees....its a treat to watch that shot....in the process of increasing the run-rate in the 29th over....i got a top edge and was caught...welll...no regrets....31 (28)......Avinash soon got out tooo he played extremely well for his 25 (23)....Sunny tried to use his long handle shots but wasnt very successsfull......Hemant went in but never got a chance to play....we finished with 155 runs (5-10 runs short of what I was expecting).......

We didnt bowl well and didnt field well either...we gave a lot of wides initially and on the whole dropped 5 catches (one of a no-ball)....but a catch is a catch...and missed an easy run-out chance. Raj bowled very well and sirish showed some glimpses of good control with the new ball..he needs practice....we lost it in the last over....i didnt have a great day with the ball I must have gone for 6 -7 runs an over.....i think i need to do something abt this bowling thing..i havent been bowling well lately.....Phani was pissed off due to some decisions made by the people on the field against his liking....over all...we had another close match which we lost....time to win some...

on our way back....Rajesh, Phani, Hari and i ....had a blast...we took a 1 hr break at waffle house to have dinner and we had non-stop non-sense and fun in the car....once I got home I met Sindhu and we spent the rest of the evening (10:45pm to 2:30 am) together.....I made up for this the next day.....Took her to the temple and took her shopping and for a movie!!!!!!!!

No comments: