June 13, 2003

A day in my life...



Over the years my life has changed a lot...so has the manner in which my day goes by..I was thinking the other day abt my school and college days and how different they were. So I thunk and thunk ....abt those days and bahut senti hogaya.....


when I was 2yrs old....


my day would begin at 8 am or whenever I felt like waking up....wish that could happen now...my mom would take me to the loo and I would get a free lecture abt holding the brush but she would brush my teeth....I used to enjoy being special...but unfortunately I have a younger sister who is only one year younger than me....so she would get more importance when I was two..then I got to drink milk...I used to (and still) hate milk..plain milk..so my mom used to put in some thing..horlicks, bournvita or something else...she would only put in a little amount but that she would do in front of me...I used to think that I was getting what I wanted but never realised that I was actually being fooled into drinking Milk with 3-4 grains of bournvita......then I used have fun by looking out of the window and waving to the bypassers.....my mom would make me eat lunch at around noon and while I was at that my sister would cry....still an attention monger she was.....aise tp karthe karthe evening ho jatha tha and Dad used to come home...he would get a chocholate or something for me and so i used to get excited. he would take me out for a walk and then back home have dinner and in bed at 8pm after a long and tiring day phew!!!!!

when I was 7yrs old....

my day would being at 7:15 AM....when my mom pulled me out of bed and push me into the bathroom...with my eyes closed I would brush my teeth and get out as fast as i could...then it was coffeee time..........I used to enjoy coffee...yes I started drinking coffee at the age of 3 or 4.....I would get dressed and goto the bus stop and on the way join some friends.....there were a lot of students to be picked up by the bus so we were made to sit on somebody's lap...me and my buddy used to take turns sitting on the lap and we would count the number of scooters and trucks..it was interesting that we would count atleast 100-150 on our way to the school...we used to have the same boring lectures (.....also called period)...I used to wait for the lunch break and we would finish lunch in the first 5mins so that we could go out and play during the rest of the break.....then back at home at 4pm I would drink one more cup of coffee and then go to play. I and my sister have had the same group of friends...which unfortunately is partly true even now.......so we used to play the popular (or should I say common) games...running and catching....hopping (langdi)...poison medicine (lock and key)...cutting the cake and all kinds of fun stuff. Come home at 6 or 6:30 and then finish homeworks and then pack the bag for the next day according to the timetable (wish I was that organised even now) have dinner and go to bed...........

when I was 12yrs old....

my day would begin at 6:30AM as I had to get to school early...my school had different timing for primary and secondary....I had to be at the bus stop by 7:05AM so I had to hurry up with my daily ablusions. we were still made to sit on one anothers lap in the bus and it was getting more challenging by the day as we were getting heavier:):) I school I had girl as my bench partner...her name was Sirisha Vani...i still remember as we were bench mates for 4 years....there are pros and cons when U have a girl bench mate....u get to know all the girls in the class:):)....but at the same time u cant do all the kidas that u would have done with a guy. But all in all..I had lots of fun with her:):)....she left Vizag (thats were I was till my 9th standard)....when I was in 7th...sniff..sniff and from then on boys were made to sit with boys and girls with girls.....I guess they didnt trust us or something...well back to my life....I used to come home at 2:15 and run to swimming coaching at 3:15 and take along the stuff for badminton at 5:30. I had a lot of fun swimming...I got good at it pretty fast so my coach used to use me as an asst coach to teach the kids and uncles....he would never let me teach girls and aunties....i used to wonder why...now....I know why..back at home mom used to be ready to make us sit and do our home works.....mom had a lot of patience to deal with two little rascals always trying to avoid doing homework....we used to watch TV for sometime...I could not understand Hindi then...but I still used to watch TV:):)

when I was 17yrs old....

I had just graduated from high school (12th std) and was in my First Year Engineering in Mumbai......I learnt hindi and was getting fluent with it. My day started at 7:15 Am when Mom used to wake me up.....I used live 10 mins from college so I was considered to be lucky by all my friends some of whom had to travel 1 1/2 hrs to get to college. In that sense I considered my self lucky too...I would goto college and religiously attend all the lectures...thats one thing which I did throughout engineering...I almost had 92-95% attendance over the 4yrs which most of my friends would make fun of.....after college we would sit in the canteen talk and sing songs with accompanyied impromptu music ...tabla on the tables, spoon and glass and of course the whistles.....eat wada/samosa pav and some of the brave people also experimented with Chole...bubble gum.....batura (as it could strech endlessly and had to be chewed like a bubble gum)....come home grab something to eat and go out to play....badminton/cricket/swimming/tennis/football.....if not all this I would atleast go out to gossip with my friends...come home at 9 or 9:30 Mom and sis would be waiting at the dinner table for me....thats one thing...over the years....mom had always waited for me at the dinner table..whether it was 7 or 8 or 9 or 10 or sometimes even 11. Thats why I cultivated a habit of calling home promptly if wasnt coming for dinner...then talk to my dad and watch TV with him till midnight and then he would go to bed. i knew that my parents and my sis go to bed by midnight so I would have the TV from then on...so I didnt take part in the channel war at home.....mom wants to see telugu channel....sister soemthing else and DAd enjoyed just browsing through all the channels every 5 mins...god knows what would change in 5mins....

when I was 22yrs old....

I was in Akron....away from home...Mom wasnt there to wake me up..I was on my own...I pulled my self out of bed at around 9 or 9:30 make some coffee and look in the refrigerator for something to eat.....read newspaper...goto school/Lab....talk to friends...check email...do some work...check email...go to chuckery for lunch.....check email.......laze around..browse the net...check email...come evening go to the ONAT to play Racquetball and then go home and cook (if its my cooking turn) and then eat with my roomies....thats one thing I still need company when I eat....and my roomies would always be there at dinner time (even now Bhaddu waits for me or vice-versa) and we would eat together.....I used to Live in Fir Hill...that was on the other side of campus so it was too boring to come all the way to summner or wheeler where most of my friends stayed....


I guess after writing abt my life over the years I can clearly see that family is the most important part of my life and I miss them a lot......

No comments: