June 11, 2003

Yesterday was a pretty eventful day...I did a couple of things which drained me emotionally:(:(.......first of all I got up at 9AM without alarm....yes I did it..its been a long time since I did that....I cant remember the last time I woke up before my alarm went off..yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh....three cheers to me. Then I did the most unlikely thing which will take a lot of courage and determination to repeat.....I made breakfast for myself.....yes....I made an Omlette...I was tired of eating either cereal or bagel everyday so made an Omlette for myself and brewed some fresh coffee....MAN!!!!! I was proud of myself.

The next thing I did totally drained emotionally......I went to the Ambassadors office to turn my jacket in....I had been a University Ambassador for the past 2 yrs and i enjoyed being one. I made a lot of friends and got to attend and work at many University events where I met a lot of people who I would not have met in my normal course of life. All and all I had a ball of a time being an Ambassador and will always have good memories of being one(especially becoz ...I got the outstanding Ambassador award in my first year:):)....Rajiv got it this year)

ok ok, enough of the emotional stuff...when I got back to my lab I opened my blogspot and casually looked at the hits counter........it read 240 !!!!!!!!!!!. I was shocked........I got 70 hits in one night!!!!!!!! that was largely due to the match report but that doesnt matter to me, I was all excited and by the end of the day I had 269...thats more than hundred in one day!!!!! I wanted to celebrate that joyous moment by taking a break from writing a new post on my blog thats why I just copy-pasted that article abt Mithun da and Rajni.

After a long day in the lab I went home...it wasnt a very exciting day at the lab as I was alone for most of the day. At the cricket practice we had a good turnout.....we did some fielding and catching practice in a small protion of the field as we were sharing the ground with the Football (American) and soccer teams. So at the same time there was Cricket, Football and Soccer (for all my loyal blog readers in India....Football and Soccer are different...Football is a game similar to rugby and Soccer is what we call football in India and rest of the world)...funny isnt it in Football (American) the ball is always passed with hands and kicked only a handful of times but still its called Football.....one more of the strange things abt America.

There were no special moments at the practice to write abt, the only special thing was that the lower order batted and the top order is yet to bat. At the end of the practice session both Phani and I made a dash to the laundromat as the last load was at 9PM. I made it 5 minutes before time and I guess Phani barely made it...

The evening was pretty interesting....its Aaaarrtheee's birthday today....ech yeh pee yet yanother pee yand why ......man I cant write Birthday as to how a mallu will spell it, its too tiring spelling it out ...what i meant was Happy Birthday. She invited me and Sindhu for her party...I thought that I had to be there at Midnight as usual... but then as I was driving by I saw people at her place at 10:30......thats when i figured that she had invited us for dinner (duh).....Sindhu wasnt well so she couldnt make it.I got there at around 11ish.....met a couple of people whom I had not seen in a while.....that felt good...other than that it was the normal junta....me,hemant,phani,adi,pankaj,nihir,raghav,nishant,dhawal(nihir's friend),rajiv and the others (I mean the girls....hehehhhehehe).....aise hi tp kar raha hoon....sapna,disha,arrtheee(ofcourse..it was her happy b'day), priya, madhu, aanchal, rohini, shyamala, shradha, shalini....I can remember only these..if I missed anyone please let me know and I will add their name....sorry for that.

we had arrthhee cooked Burmese food.....I was not sure if I should eat it or not......just kidding....it was good stuff...some noodles and other spices etc....then can the moment of reckoning.......Midnight.....disha had chocholate cake and a big candle ready for aaarrthee. She cut the cake and to everyones surprise....she ate the first piece of the cake herself....hum ne tho pehle kabhi nahi dekha...then Rohini (who is getting married sometime this year took alll her frustrations)....she put cake all over aaarthee to start the dreaded B'day ritual of akron...........then came Coke....ginger ale...Canada dry....more cake.....eggs...some more cake...I phodoed an egg on aarthee's head....after that she went beserk....she started hugging people with stuff all over her......eeeeeeee.....Phani was the first to get the dose.....he has this uncanny knack of being the first person in every B'day party to get cake all over him (other than the B'day boy/girl). aarthee ran after everyone....she has been running for the past month or so...that helped....she was like a bulll coming in head first...she smeared the egg jelly on her head on my shirt and on many others....cheee cheeee...I had just done my laundry:(:(....she chased people down....hemant,nihir and nishant played the spoil sports (from artheee's point of view) and ran towards their house...she gave up on them...other than them everyone was physically abused by aarthee...by hugging them. Then she took shower (thank god...it was high time) and they had another cake ready for her to cut...it was Tiramasu...a nice cake. Then everyone started leaving...Madhu said "Bye everyone" probably 100 times but was still the last one to leave...at least she was still there when I left...I guess thats it for now........


No comments: