June 04, 2003

Its wednesday morning and I thought it will be boring as usual but I have had a sucessfull and interesting day so far. I got a call from the University Public relations department asking me if I could stop by at their office this morning. They said that it was regading my recent success in the National Racquetball Championships. So..I walk into their office and I realize that it was actually an interview which they are planning to release it to the press....cool (I wanted to do a back flip but didnt...becoz.........I dont know how to do it.....hahahah)....I had never give an interview before so I was all excited. The lady had a dictophone and was jotting every little detail I mentioned. She asked me a variety of questions ranging from my educational background in India to my performnaces here at various championships over the past 15 months. I told her that I have in all won 4 Golds and 3 bronzes at State, regional and National levels....for a second I felt proud of myself. Well, she dropped a bomb at the end of the interview.........that they will try to get it printed in the Akron Beacon Journal (Local Newspaper) but she said that the article may very between 3 to 20 lines. Man!!!!!!!!!! I was shocked......I was just interviewed for an Hour and she says that there is a possiblity that only 3 lines may appear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!anyways I was happy that I did something worthwhile to put it in the newspapers...the only other time my name had ever been mentioned in a newspaper was when I was 12 years old and I lost in the 2nd round of the district badminton championships so atleast now I will have a success story rather than a loss:):) when i was 12 and I saw my name in the paper I went crazy I showed it to my parents, neighbours, grandparents and all my friends.....i was very very proud.Now I am 23 so guess what I will do if my interview actually gets published....................

Now, I am back to my normal life and these days I have started learning HTML thanx to this site. I have been trying different stuff, but nothing online so you will have to wait .....for a while before you can see one of my creations online:):)

Yesterday was no different for Cricket practice...attendance was more than season average----7 people .....5 healthy players, 1 injured langda player (any guesses who that was???), 1 visitor (sapna...the stud). all of us except the ....u know who...ran 4 rounds of the cricket field and we did some fielding and catching but got bored so some of us played frisbee and three people had a lengthy philosophical discussion that continued into the evening. The discussion was abt destiny ....or ...choice. I better leave the topic here before someone picks up a debate with me.

I guess thats it for now, but I have started a new section to my blog....my ending will have something different everyday (based on my free time and the availability of the thinking cap:):)....)


Only in America......

...can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.

...are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.

...do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

...do people order double cheese burgers, large fries, and a diet Coke.

No comments: